Glimpse of Workshop
Glimpse of Workshop on International Human Rights Instruments and State Obligation in Nepalgunj
Two days Training
Two days Training with Government Attorneys on International Human Rights Instruments and State
Discussion Programme on Proposed Citizenship Provision in the Upcoming Constitution
Grassroot Level Advocacy on Discriminatory Laws Reformation in the Various Districts
Glimpse of Discussion program with Media persons on 16th September, 2010:
Book release on in honour of the 10th anniversary of 1325 UN security council resolution.
Staff members being felicitated during the annual day.
Annual Report 2067 - Page 5
D. Activities done for enhancing access to justice:
1. FWLD in coordination with other partner organization has made district level study on Justice and security sector reform in six districts. (Sunsari, Seraha, Nawalpari , Banke, Jumla and Kailali)
2. Trainers training program and district level training program were conducted for the civil society members for their capacity development on justice and security sector reform.
3. A discussion program between civil society member and justice& security service providers was held in various districts for the promotion of justice and security.
4. The first phase of the field investigation on women access to justice was started in 15 districts.(Dhankuta, Jhapa, Kaski, Sarlai, Makhwanpur, Karvepalanchowk, Nawalparasi, Jumla, Dang, Surkhet, Doti, Kailalie, Kanchanpur, Kathmandu and Lalitpur.)
5. Publication and distribution of different informatics materials for raising awareness on legal rights.
6. Three trainers training programs for fifteen days each , two trainers training programs for seven days each and seven refreshment training program for five days each were conducted for district resource group of paralegals.
7. Based on the gender perspective on peace building process Transitional justice and reconciliation training manual was published.
8. Regional training was conducted in Pokhara, Bhairawa and Biratnagar from gender perspective based on transitional justice and reconciliation.
9. For the inclusion of gender perspective in Truth and Reconciliation Commission, a discussion program was conducted in 10 districts involving women representing different sectors. (Morang, Sunsari, Udaipur, Kavre, tanahu, Kaski, Nawalparasi, Dang , Kailali and Dadeldhura.)
E .Activities done to control gender based violence.
1. Participated in a sixteen days campaign against gender based violence conducted by different government and non government organization. FWLD provided technical and financial support
in the poster publication program done by the office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers.
2. Publication of training manual on Sale and human trafficking for Nepal Police.
3. Publication and distribution of different information providing materials to raise awareness on laws relating to domestic violence.
4. In order to create awareness about the laws relating to domestic violence, a model program was held in all the VDC of Nawalparasi District and a district level discussion program was organized with concerned people and officials.
5. A discussion program on the bill for sexual harassment in workplace was held with the participation of CA members and civil Society members.
6. Provided legal aid through legal aid network based in Kathmandu and Nawalparasi on the cases of violence against women and different marginalized groups of society.
7. FWLD has been hosting a 20 minutes radio program every Tuesday in Kantipur FM. During the program legal counseling is provided to the callers, at the same time legal discussions are also done.